Engine temperature - 850 TDI

My engine temperature sometimes changes (getting colder) a little e.q. when driving down-hill or when idling in traffic jams.

Is this normal or a sympton on a defect thermostat?

Regards Per

Reply to
Per Groth Ludvigsen

Not an expert, but I think it's normal, at least in winter. The engine is producing less heat when the throttle is lifted, and diesels breath the same amount of air per revolution regardless of whether it is light throttle or full throttle (short of the turbo spinning up).

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee