First time with "TireRack.com" -- good first impression

I had good luck buying some BFGs for my wife's 740 at Wal Mart.

Researched online, decided what to buy, and got em.

Good price, free follow up rotation.

Reply to
zencraps

I once found something I liked online through tirerack, and per their suggestion found a local vendor ostensibly allied with them to do the mounting and balancing.

When I called the vendor, he asked what tire rack was going to charge me for the tires and the shipping charges.

When I told him, he said "we'll match it:" which he did.

Why wait for tires to be shipped when you can to to a local dealer and get them on the same day?

So be careful, tirerack, your alleged allies will stab you in the back at every opportunity.

Reply to
zencraps

I'm in an itty-bitty town - 6,000 people. We have a couple of local tire shops that stock some tires, but not many of the big name brands.

I ordered the tires yesterday around 11am, they showed up at my door today at 4pm via UPS.

It worked out well for me, the tires cost $208 for 4, the shipping was $32 and the cost to mount and balance all 4 is $35. So I end up paying $275 total - it took 2 days for everything, and it comes out to about $68 a tire when you add it all up.

I guess > I once found something I liked online through tirerack, and per their

Reply to
Jamie