fixed '89 240 speedometer!!!

As follow-up on the problem I was having with the speedometer/odometer in my '89 240 wagon...

Replacing the 25-tooth gear fixed the odometer problem, as I expected it would...

The speedometer proved to be more of a task than I really wanted. After swapping parts back and forth, I finally ended up replacing the two capacitors (220mmf and 47mmf) on the stepper-motor board, and that seems to have fixed the problem. The speedometer is now working, and I'll check the accuracy against my GPS tomorrow morning, although I don't expect it to be affected by the changed capacitors.

Next time I'm at the junk yard, I may try to pickup an extra stepper-motor board, just to have on hand for the future...

Again, my thanks for all the help, especially the link to the circuit diagram!

parrot33 at hotmail dot com

Reply to
Perry Noid