FM Modulator reception problems in XC90

Hi All, I have a XC90 04 and a XM satellite radio... I use the FM modulator on it and having hard time picking up clear radio from it and a station 500 miles away will take the station over my XM. I have heard that its really hard to link in directly with the XC90 antenna for a direct signal, has anyone else expreienced this problem or might have a solution ?

Gaute

Reply to
Gaute

Have you tried another clear channel?

There are a lot of reasons satellite signals fade in and out. Are you using the unit in the city or ear mountains, trees, etc? The signals are stricly line of sight and that continues to be a signficant limitation on getting consistent satellite reception.

Reply to
Roadie

Yeah, I tried changing the frequency but I have to swap it alot since they are mostly in use with that radius. I found this product online though its expensive it looks like it has a greater range:

I would think that there are rules about how strong the FM broadcaster in a unit can be and I'm not sure this would be stronger than I have already... anyone recommend this product ?

Gaute

Reply to
Gaute

range:

JL Audio and Kenwood both make Aux Input adapters that will work with the XC90. I think the price range is 120-200 bucks. A small price to pay to get great sound and no more crappy FM hiss, noise, interference, etc.

Reply to
tlr1000