FS 122s calipers

This summer I rebuilt the rear axle in my 66 122S and also went through the braking system. The brakes in these cars normally require a rather heavy foot, because there is no power assist. I found though, that the front calipers were starting to sieze up. I took some others apart to find the same problem. The stock ones are cast iron with a chrome plating. over the years the chrome gets pitted. I managed to get my hands on some new seals and I went about making some new pistons from stainless steel. I bought twice as much steel as I needed, and also enough seals for four calipers. I was covering my bases should something go wrong during the process. It took many hours to turn enough pistons for 4 rotors, but I finally completed that task. I assembled the first one tonight , after thouroughly cleaning and painting the caliper body.

so it looks like i am going to end up with a spare set of rebuilt calipers. It seems unlikely that i will need a spare set so I thought perhaps I could offer them for sale. I am unsure of what to ask so I won't post a fixed price just now. If anyone is interested , just email me and we can discuss the details.

thanks , Phil.

Reply to
mrhuntnpeck