Fuel accumulator

Hello there, >

I'm looking for general information on a fuel accumulator on 240 DL volvo can this unit be cleaned,also how can one tell if unit is bad. Thank you
Reply to
Greg Taylor

There's nothing to clean. They pretty well either work or leak. It's designed to maintain pressure in the system after a shutdown to aid hot starting. If yours isn't leaking and your car starts fine hot, then leave it alone.

Reply to
Mike F

Hi, If you suspect its diaphragm is perforated you can remove the accumulator and quickly drain it. Then shake it near your ear. If you hear gas sloshing around in it then it is likely the diaphragm is perforated (gas trapped on dry side of diaphragm). This is how I found mine to be defective. Checking my system pressures it "just" fell within spec but the engine would not start after it resting between 10 to 90 minutes when turned off from a hot condition. Hope that helps.

Reply to
Blink