Fuel Gauge Sender.

Okay, so I like many other Volvo owners have a fuel gauge that never shows me the correct reading. From past experience and conversations I believe the problem to be the sender unit. What I need to know is:

Where is it on the fuel tank? Would I need to drop the tank? Would it be a rectifiable problem or would I need a new unit?

I have an 89 740 gle Estate or Wagon If in the US.

Reply to
Artful Dodger

The sender can be changed out through the rear cargo area. Remove the spare tire and the floor panel forward of it. The fuel pump/sender unit is below the cover plate in the floor. Depending on the sender that is there you may need to replace the fuel feed hose when you replace the unit.

Bob

Reply to
volvowrench