Fuel Guage '90 740

Hello again,

As you'll recall I have a 1990 Volvo 740 2.0 Estate which I've had about a month now.

The fuel guage has never worked since the day I got it. If I fill the tank (which seems to be a 55ltr, is that possible?) it reads just under half full and then, as you're driving, goes from being full to empty.

Would this be something that's easy to fix or is it best just to fill the tank back up every 300 miles?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Reply to
Richard Setford

I have had the same trouble with my 86 model. in the trunk left side near the tank fill hole there is a cablshoe /plug cut this and change this with a new one than the fuel gauge starts to work again. it did that on my VOLVO

Jan-Erik

Reply to
Jan-Erik Drangevåg

Richard, the tank holds 60 Litres. Better to trace the wiring and clean the connector before replacing the connector. Also could be a fault on the instrument panel printed circuit or even the gauge itself.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

Thaks for clarifying the tank capacity. I'll give the car some quality time on Sunday morning with a can or Servicol and a cloth.

Cheers,

Richard

Reply to
Richard Setford