fuel guage not registering

I have a 1989 760 and the fuel guage does not register all of the time. If the tank is full, O.k. If not it registers empty. I replaced the fuel tank sending unit but that didn't solve the problems. Any thoughts?

Reply to
PERRY BROWN

Check the connection where the ground wire comes from the sender and attaches to the body. In our '85 765T the connection was screwed down to the painted body and was intermittent. Removing the paint fixed it.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

My 94 940 does that too.... I just keep an eye on the trip odometer, it's not worth a lot of trouble for me to fix it, but I suspect a lose wire somewhere....

Reply to
Steve

:>

: My 94 940 does that too.... : I just keep an eye on the trip odometer, it's not worth a lot of trouble for : me to fix it, but I suspect a lose wire somewhere....

at $3/gal it really doesn't matter... just fill it up! i drove my 240 for more than 200K w.o. a workin fuel guage... when the odometer reads 250+ just fill it up... none of us is perfect... :)

Reply to
AND Books

Reply to
PERRY BROWN