Fuel Injector Tip Cover??? (remove?) 240

In my 1986 240 wagon I bought one replacement fuel injector. The new one has a clear dome shaped plastic cover with a needle sized hole in the tip. Am I supposed to remove this before installation? I have not gotten the old one out yet for comparison but as it is not running right now I don't know if that one is correct either.

Also, please see my other post, "More fuel injector woes (weird 240)"

Reply to
DL152279546231

No that's there to protect the pintle, leave it there.

Reply to
James Sweet