fuel pump problem (91 240)

Hi, I've got a 91 240 with 264K miles on it. I believe it has a fuel pump problem. I've had it towed (and fixed) twice. The car comes back working fine and then dies after two or three starts, while starting. It then cranks but refuses to start. Anyway, the mechanic replaced the fuel pump relay and we thought all was well. My question... Is there a fuse for the 91 240 fuel pump under the hood? (I know of the one in the fuse box; that one is fine.) I read something about older models having a fuse under the hood, and am wondering if my 240 has one hiding out somewhere...

Thanks for your time. nunzy

Reply to
n.a.

There is a 25 amp fuse under the hood that can cause starting problems and intermittent stalling on non-turbo 240s. IPD has a Fuse Holder System which can cure the problem

--

'67 122 - 1st car '70 142 - Lemon '72 145 - Gone But Not Forgotten '81 242t - Esther's Turbo (Project Car, back on the road again!) '82 245 - POS '89 740ti - Ilsa, Daily Driver

Reply to
Don Hodgdon

Have you cleaned and treated your fuse contacts w/ dielectric grease (better yet replace w/ copper tipped ceramics)? Under hood blade fuse generally not sporadic.

Reply to
Bill Stehlin