Fuel pump relay and Turn sigiginal relay related?

After resolving my fuel problem by replacing the fuel pump relay, I find my turn signals work all the time now. The turn signal relay is weak. In the past, it would only blink if the car interior was good and hot. (I can also bang on the dog house to get it to blink.) A typical So Cal morning, 65-70° and it won't blink unless I whack the side of the console. During the last heatwave it worked great! Even then though, the blinking is erratic. (yes, I've pulled the relay and touched up the solder joints...)

I replaced the fuel pump relay last night. This morning (65°) the turn signals worked and worked smoothly.

How can they be related? Coinkidink?

('83 245 auto)

Reply to
clay