Fuse for cigarette lighter on '97 S40?

I have fused my cigarette lighter on my '97 P-reg S40 with a cheap halfords product! I opened up the fuse-box to replace the fuse but cant find it. Can anybody help me locate where this fuse should be? Thanks Allan

Reply to
Allan Bruce

There must be some info on your fuse box cover, about which is for what. I have a 96 850 volvo, this fuse is a RED one with 10map. last time when this is broken, my radio and air conditioner are dead.

-cji

Reply to
chunji08

it doesnt say anything about teh cigarette lighter fuse in there - i tried replacing the 10amp fuses and no joy. Any other suggestions? Thanks Allan

Reply to
Allan Bruce

Have you checked both fuse boxes? There is one under the dash near the bonnet release switch (at least with RHD models) and the one under the bonnet which in my car is the upper right hand side when you are looking at it from the front of the car.

Good luck

John

Allan Bruce wrote:

Reply to
John Smith

Yep, I have looked in both fuse boxes - its not obvious as to which fuse is this one - nothing else seems to be not working, and there is not a fuse labelled cigaretter lighter or something similar :-( Allan

Reply to
Allan Bruce

If you have a manual with this car, you should have found such infomation in that manual. I have checked the internet, and I do not see a manual for 1997 S40, but is 2000 S40. Hope this may give you some clue. Here is the link.

Allan Bruce wrote:

Reply to
chunji08

I had a look at my fuses again and all 20Amp fuses are ok, I even circulated them just to make sure. One of them does say Accessory but doesnt say cigarette lighter. It looks like I might need to take it to the local volvo garage...

Allan

Reply to
Allan Bruce