Fuse location on Volvo 940?

All the manuals say there is only one fuse box on a Volvo 940 (Estate) and that is located in the front of the central console behind the ashtray. That fusebox has two rows of 11 fuses, which takes the numbering up to 22; then there are a further 4 fuses along the edge of the unit, bringing the highest number up to 26.

However, the wiring diagram shows fuses numbered up as far as 35, with those from 24 to 33 in one group and 34 & 35 grouped separately. I cannot find any fuses numbered higher than 26 and I am trying to find the fuel pump fuse (number 30) - can anyone tell me where it is?

Reply to
Adrian Tuddenham

For all cars in general (not just Volvo), I've always seen the fuel pump fuse or circuit breaker in a fuse box under the hood.

In one car other than Volvo, it had a "collision switch" in the back / trunk. That was if you were in a collision, it would sense the "bump", then the switch would flip off - cutting off the fuel pump. You could press the switch to turn the fuel pump back on. (I once threw a tire in the back and it tripped that switch!) This was mentioned in the owner's manual for that vehicle.

Then in general for ALL cars, there can be multiple fuse boxes and not always mentioned in the owner's manual... But located...

-Under hood.

-Under dash driver's side.

-Under dash passenger's side.

-On either side behind an accessible panel in trunk /rear.

Reply to
Bill

Thanks for your reply.

A member of the group has contacted me by e-mail and pointed out that there are two different models covered by the UK handbook - I had been reading the section for the wrong model.

I have now found the fuse I was looking for.

Reply to
Adrian Tuddenham