gasoline economy for an Volvo 240

Hi Does anyone know, how much a Volvo 240 st.car from the mid eighties runs pr liter? More or less.

Yours sincerely

Jorgen JJ

Reply to
JJJ

Jorgen,

My 1981 240GL B21A (2.1 litre carburettor) runs 350 km's with a full tank. I must say the CO is a bit on the high %. (My 1973 144DL B20A automatic with new engine (with slightly larger valve's) and "new" carburettor offers me almost 400Km's with a full tank.)

To be honnest with you, the mileage give me a headache every time I take the trip to the gasstation, but then again I love it. Prices over here in The Netherlands for gasoline are skyhigh since the US tried to covert Iraq to whatever it will become.

Cheers,

Martijn

Reply to
Martijn

Jorgen;

I have an 85 245 GL that gives me between 9 and 10 litres per 100 km, mixed city and highway (but mostly highway) driving.

I've fed it ethanol for most of its life.

Reply to
Eunoia Eigensinn

i used to track miles per gallon with every fill and kept the ledger for years. with my 1981 240, i saw best mileage in the spring and fall, about

24 miles per gallon. during the summer and winter, i was lucky to get 20 miles per gallon. the car didn't have air conditioning. i never understood the variation. may be differences in gasolene formulations thru the year, or just what you should expect in the way cars run. don't know.
Reply to
bg4a