glue for omipressent plastic?

I have tried to epoxy repairs to the plastic in a 240. It seems to be to brittle and won't adhere very long. Should I try Elmers or Super glue? I have enough spare volvo plastic to experiment with. Thanks, Rojo

Reply to
Rojo2G

It's pretty hard to find anything that sticks to that stuff, superglue works ok, but not much better than epoxy, it'll never be as strong as it was originally, but you can help sometimes by gluing a piece of scrap plastic to the back of the break. That stuff gets brittle with age, wish they'd partnered with Rubbermaide or something.

Reply to
James Sweet

Depends on what your trying to glue and where the panel will be. If your trying to repair the door pockets then clean properly, Super Glue and then back with Fibreglass bog. What ever you try and glue you need to make sure it is clean. You may also find you can use a little heat to help parts bond. since you have plenty to practise on you may wish to experiment.

AJS

Reply to
AJS

the best "glue" I've found is to use a little silicone sealant. Once it sets, it generally provides good adhesion and has a little "give" to it, so will take some flexing and doesn't seem to be affected by heat....

Marvin, in Atlanta

Reply to
Perry Noid

Reply to
NoMoHoe

Bob

Reply to
volvowrench

All good ideas and I'm going to try them. I'll list what works best for me. Thanks again, Rojo

Reply to
Rojo2G