Good or/and bad things Volvo S80 T6 ( 1999-2001 ) ?

Someone can tell what is good and what is bad about to buy a Volvo S80 T6

1999-2001 ? I may buy such a car and I won´t buy a bad car. Too expensive to make a mistake :-)
Reply to
Øl er godt !

"Øl er godt !" skrev i en meddelelse news:46f7d2b8$0$69285$ snipped-for-privacy@dread12.news.tele.dk...

Some owners of a S80 T6 in this group ?

Reply to
Øl er godt !

Check out swedespeed.com forums. Brickboard, too.

Reply to
Burtonio

I have a 2001 S80 T6, 101,000 + miles. Very nice to drive, comfortable. Bought second hand from Volvo dealer who "certified" it (extended warranty). Transmission began to slip at about 60,000 miles. My wife is the main driver of the car and has never driven it hard. Warranty covered all but $200 of the $3,000.00 bill. That has been the only disappointment.

I just had the timing belt changed (due at 105,000 miles) ran about $800.00 at the dealer.

So far I am happy with it.

Reply to
Allen

"Roadie" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com...

CUT

I fully agree with your statement.

You just missed one really importent aspect and that is the GearTronic.

Please chek if the gearbox has been replaced. The first generation of these gearboxes where very poor in quality.

Volvo improved it but fo some owners, thay had to pay a helle of a lot of money for a replacement.

I did (Denmark) and payed arround 3.000£

Best regards Bjørn J. Volvo T6 1999.

Reply to
BJ
Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

"Roadie" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

KLIP

I fully agree and thank God for BSR AB and german roads.

The car is very nice over 250 Km/h.

Mine has now driven around 300.000 km.

It must still be new as Volvo´s last in average 21,2 years.

BR Bjørn J.

Reply to
BJ