Hard starting 1992 245

I've got a 92 245 that starts hard or not at all when it's humid. I've replaced the cap, coil, wires and plugs (checked the gap too), but not the rotor. It makes an orange spark, even when it's humid and I pull a plug a plug and ground it while someone cranks.

Nothing I really do but wait for better weather seems to fix it. I'm afraid I'll eventually pop a blood vessel in my brain and fall over the next time the weather's wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andy

Reply to
moon161

Hi Andy, I had the same problem with my 86 740 Turbo. I did the same as you did and Thelma still did it. I regressed and took her to my mechanic, he replaced the "O" rings to the distributor and rotor cap.(I think thats all of them) With the seals/"O"rings replaced, problem solved. Thelma runs...LOL Good luck, David Portland, ME

Reply to
NatureDudeME

Thanks, I'll give it a try. What color should a spark be anyway? orange? Yellow? Blue?

Reply to
moon161

You should have a fat blue spark.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

It should be blue-white with a good strong snap sound. Orange and yellow are definite signs of wimpiness.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee