Has anyone else seen 1995 940 turbo base model?

I just saw (and drove) the strangest animal! A 1995 940 turbo with... No trunk badge denoting a turbo No leather interior No alloy wheels No sunroof No boost gage in the instrument cluster

It was a base model 940 with none of the options that up until now I thought were standard on most turbo model 940s.

I would think that it's been retrofitted with a turbo except that I can't believe anyone would be silly enough to do that to a base model...

Has anyone else ever seen a 940 like this?

don b.

Reply to
don b.

I've seen a rare few 240 Turbos like this, they were intended to be sold as police cruisers. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if a few 700/900 series turbos of this nature were sold, though the lack of a boost gauge does surprise me.. For that matter I didn't think you could get a 940 without leather and a sunroof, I've never seen one of those either.

Reply to
James Sweet