head gasket time? Weekend Project '94 850

We overheated a little while ago, and now no coolant wants to stay in. Hoses dont seem to be dripping, but now when it gets hot (not drivable), there is power loss(sluggish engine). But last I tested it, the resevoir was steaming, and it had lost fluid from it.

What are head gaskets & installation going for these days? Or do you think the head gasket is the problem?

'94 850 Turbo wagon

Reply to
UnderCoverG
[UnderCoverG] (Sat, 18 Oct 2003 19:56:23 GMT):

Check the thermostat first.. Mine did that, and after an hour of error-checking at the garage (with removing and reinstalling the thermostat), all problems disappeared.. (thank god) ;)

Reply to
Svein Tore Sølvik

Reply to
steve

Depending on how overheated it became, i would be worried about a cracked cylinder head which is usually what happens on these engines when you cook them... :(

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Or at the very least warped, at any rate you should have the head checked out by a machinist before you put it back together.

Reply to
James Sweet
[Svein Tore Sølvik] (Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:11:50 +0200):

Hmm.. when I think of it, mine did not loose power.. so it doesn't sound good for you :(

Reply to
Svein Tore Sølvik