head swap

(just idly wondering, no real plans)

Is the main difference between the "new" final 240s with the lower power lower compression engines and the older ones just the head/cam? Would a simple swap of head and cam "upgrade" it?

What market? There were several different engines, but the B230F used in all north american 240s remained essentially unchanged and rated at 114 HP from '85 to production end in '93.

Reply to
James Sweet

Oh, I didn't realize. (this is US). I thought the B230F was a late life response to fuel economy standards or something and previous had the B230whatever with the higher compression.

I don't believe they ever changed. If you want more power, you could install a K camshaft if you can find one, fuel economy and low end torque will suffer, but it really opens up the high end. This is only advisable if you have a manual transmission though.

Reply to
James Sweet