Headrest

The headrest is driving my wife crazy. On a 2004 V70 2.5T with the WHIPS system her head is constantly in touch with the head rest while she is looking straight ahead or touching her cheek when she turns her head. Is there any way to adjust / move / bend the headrest backwards an inch or two?

Reply to
Alexander Grant

Recline her seat a little to move the headrest back reference her head, or tell her she had better get used to it as that is how it is supposed to be to give her the protection she deserves. I personally drive with my head in contact with the headrest and have no problems at all ('96 940 with 960 electric seats).

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

She doesn't find having her head resting on it is more comfortable? I like having my head resting on the headRESTRAINT (In a Volvo, this is VERY much more accurate... NHSTA shows what company with all top marks on every car for rear collisions, because of proper restraints?... Volvo! - pretty much every maker but Saab is either untested, poor, or marginal!) in our 93' 960 (no whips, but I am confident in this seat design as it looks idential to a seat in a V70, but without the internal WHIPS mechanisms)..... In fact when I drive my Golf I try to position the headrestraint as far up and as close to my head as possible, to emulate the Volvo.

Seems to me like she's used to driving in lesser cars (American cars are notoriously bad for having no upper body support, which causes whiplash) where the seat only goes up to the shoulders and the headrest is more like a neck rest (or breaker in a rear end crash).

In Ontario (possibly Canada) Volvo is lobbying for lower insurance for Volvo drivers because of their outstanding design, which lowers whiplash claims by Volvo drivers quite a bit - so get used to it, it's a great seat.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Reply to
Alexander Grant

Try tilting the seat back just a bit, the new position will feel a bit odd at first but should help. I found I had to go the other way with my 740, with the seat reclined as far as I was accustomed to the head restraint wasn't doing much good. Should be able to adjust the seat back so that the headrest is very close to your head but not actually touching it.

Reply to
James Sweet