Heater core leak Volvo S80 2001 2.9L

I need to replace my heater core on my 2001 volvo s80 as I have narrowed down a leak that is coming from the radiator into the car - drivers side.

Can anyone tell me how to go about:

  1. Changing the core O rings first
  2. Changing the entire core

Tks

Reply to
Tool

"Tool" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

Assuming its a left hand drive car its quite easy, right hand car looks as a big job.

Remove the hoses in the engine compartment, you turn anti clockwise and pull out. If you have something to press the hoses flat it will avoid spillage og coolant. Remove the small bracket that holds the pipes in place, 2 screws.

Remove plastic cover under the steering column, its fitted with 2 screws.

Brake light switch needs to be taken off.

Remove plastic strip holding the 2 tubes with coolant.

Remove the 2 screws that holds the heat exchanger.

Remove the 2 clamps that holds the pipes on then heat exchanger by pulling outwards in the handle. At this point coolant will leak, se cover the carpet in the car with something and have some sort of container ready.

Drag the pipes into the compartment so they go free of the heat exchanger.

Pull out the heat exchanger.

Greetings Niels

Reply to
Niels Bengaard