Heater core replacement

How big a job to remove and install a new heater core?

1986 240d sedan automatic.
Reply to
mbrower

oh yea...the heater core can be a very big job...depending on the mdl and year...up to a day project...(if you know what you are doing)....

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

I'm sure it is even a big job for a Volvo trained Tech, and he'll likely expect you to accept around $500.00 for him to do it. Anyway you need to set your browser to Swedishbricks.com and perhaps check out some included links and I'm sure they are explicit instructions on how. I have done 2 blower motor replacments myself on 2 240 series and I'll tell you this I removed steering wheels and at least drivers seat for ease of access to many screws and removing dashboard out completely, I dunno for sure if all this removing was absolutely necessary but I have a bad back. I would recommend a new blower motor while you're in there, you don't ever want to do it again, trust me on that.

Good luck, ps mark where all wires where they were attached or you will be post> How big a job to remove and install a new heater core?

Reply to
daniel

Not difficult if you don't have air-con.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes