heater hoses replacement

I have a 98 XCv70 5 cyl turbo, the lower heater hose started leaking where the rubber meets the metal. The leak began to get worse, however we were able to temporarily stop the leak by gently prying the hose away from the oxygen sensor contraption. This stopped the leak, no noticeable leaks when car is on my carport. However the low coolant light came on again this morning. I now have a small drip coming from the hose in the same place. I prefer to do my own mechanic work if possible. I have found the hoses on the internet for about $30 each, I was planning on replacing both of them while in the area. I searched the archives and read that the intake could be taken loose and moved to access the hoses better. Is this the best way to replace the hoses. I have friend who owns a tire store w/ a lift I could use if under the car replacement is acceptible.

How do you get the hard lines removed from the heater core? What type of tool is needed? any further advice/ info is appreciated

Smokey

Reply to
Smokeythedog