heavy steering, 1991 Volvo 240

My '91 Volvo 240 steers quite a bit more "heavily" than any other 240 I've owned -- not as bad as it would if the pump were completely shot, or the belt broken, but heavy none-the-less. Also seems a bit inconsistent: initially heavy when turning from straight ahead, then not so much, etc.

Fluid is up to level (tho dirty, to my eye), and no visible leaks (and level doesn't drop). Any words of wisdom from you 240 owners out there? Thanks in advance; please post to this group.

Reply to
BakersT

Worn parts? Rack, steering shaft u-joint, ball joint(s), tie rod ends?

Reply to
Tim McNamara