Help needed with '97 960 blinkers

My daughter has a '97 960 wagon, which got got rear-ended by a tree recently (!) on the left side, breaking part, but not all, of the plastic on the left tail light unit.

The tail lights are functional, but she has no blinkers nor emergency flashers on either side, front or back. Since both sides are out, my gut-level feeling is that there's a wire that got snipped when the bumper did its thing. (Of course, I coul;d be totally wrong on this - something might have been bounced loose in the bump, but it's nighttime and we'll have to wait 'til morning to inspect things, anyway)

Aside from "underneath on the left, dummy!". does anyone have any suggestions on where we should look for the problem? Is this likely to be a user-fixable problem or is this something that my recently-graduated-from-art-school daughter is going o have to spend our non-exostent cash on?

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

(She's looking in the manual as I type this, but since the woman that she got that car from is from a multi-Volvo family and couldn't find the '97's manual, so included the one from a '98, which we've already foound out has significant differences, I'm not totally convinced that we'll get much help out of it...)

Reply to
E. Telly Kelly

There might be, or maybe has been, a short circuit which blew the fuse for the blinkers...

Reply to
Sakari Ailus

emergency

are out, my

snipped when the bumper

totally wrong on this -

Bingo!

We tried a new fuse this morning and it snapped, so a short seemed to be the answer. Pulling the access panel to the lights (and this is why we love Volvos) - sure enough, a plastic connector cap had cracked and the wire was touching the interior of the body panel. A little electrical tape and a new fuse and everything is fixed at least well enough for today.

Good call! Thanks!

Reply to
E Telly Kelly