Help Setting Dash Clock S80.

Hello, we just purchased a 99 S80. There was no owner's manual in the car so i'm not sure how to set the dash clock. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you....mitch

Reply to
lawdoggy

"lawdoggy" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Turn the knob under the clock cw or ccw

/Erik

Reply to
Erik Lidén

We've tried that with the car running and the car off with just the ignition on and it doesn't work. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Reply to
lawdoggy

Takes a few seconds for it to start moving, but that's the way to do it.

Reply to
Brian V

yep...twist anf hold it...the clock will start to change...release when you have arrived at the correct time...

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

l@@k for a manual on ebay...it will answer many questions that will come up...

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Unfortunately, that's what we did. We held it cw for a whole minute and nothing and then counter clockwise for a minute and nothing. Any other ideas? I think it's broken.

We have a bid on a manual for a 2000 hoping there aren't too many changes between 1999 and 2000 since we can't locate a '99 manual.

Reply to
lawdoggy

If it truely is broken disconnect the the battery and reconnect it at 12:00, atleast the time will be right!

Reply to
Brian V

Make sure you know the radio code before you do this.

Reply to
Crazy Dog

Mike F

my 2000 manual under the topic "clock" states > >

"clock/reset button" > >

turn the button to adjust the clock

note: i am not sure what they mean by "reset", unless they are refering to re setting the service required notice...then i think we use the clock button (with another one) to reset the lamp....

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

It worked!!! We weren't turning it hard enough. We didn't want to break it so we weren't forcing it so we never hit that "click" that made it start moving. Oh so easy! Thanks for all your help.

Susan

Reply to
lawdoggy