HELP! Volvo 740 - water on floor!

I have a 1989 Volvo 740 with sunroof.

In the last year or so I noticed that if the car is out in a long rain, a pool of water starts to form on the floor of the left-rear (driver-side back seat). It can get to 1/2" of water or so!

Anyone know what might cause this? Is there some drainage thing from the sunroof that's not diverting properly?

Reply to
Mark Bratcher

Sorry about the duplicate posts. My newsreader went wacko.

Reply to
Mark Bratcher

Probably the drain hose from the sunroof is plugged up with pine needles or the like.

Reply to
Mr. V

It depends what type of sunroof. Block drains can be a problem but less well known is problems with glass sunroofs (as on my 940). The seal goes side on rather than bottom up (like most metal sunroofs), when the rubber gets old it can leak along the inside (rubber-glass join) and it then drips into the slider channel which is not drained and the water makes its way to the sun visors and rear seats.

Silicon sealant around the top rubber-glass edge provides a cure for a few years.

-- Tony

Reply to
Tony

Check the rubber sheaths where the wires run from the car body into the doors. Mine got a split in one and water was trickling down right into the crack and dripping into the car.

Reply to
James Sweet

Makes sense.

Where does the drainage system run and how do I get to it?

Reply to
Mark Bratcher