High mileage badge on the way

Just phoned Volvo Cars of NA @ 800 458 1552. Gave them my VIN, mileage and mailing address so they could send me my 200k mileage badge. I'll be mounting it when it arrives in eight weeks.

Reply to
Michael

I got one of those a few months back but haven't mounted it because I don't want to just glue it to the car. Anyone have any tips for mounting on the front grille?

thanks, blurp

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 19:54:03 GMT, the illustrious "Michael" favored us with the following prose:

Reply to
blurp

Reply to
Steve Rogers

try

Michael

is there a charge for the badges? My 240 has 208,000 miles on it....

Reply to
Otto Mobile
  1. Get a chrome "extra hole" cover for a kitchen sink (tightens w/ a wingnut from underneath sink) at Home Despot, plus a large washer
  2. Pound flat
  3. Scrape tape off back of badge and score back surface
  4. Attach badge to hole cover w/ silicon adhesive/Goop/etc. (plus put some Goop in back where long bolt head recesses in cover
  5. After it sets up, stick bolt through grill, slip on large washer, and then wingnut. Use nail polish or loctite on threads.

I've done many this way without any failure/loss.

Reply to
Bill Stehlin

I used Shoe Goo, just removed the foam tape on the badge, and glued the thing to the grille. Two years in (including Ottawa winters) and it shows no sign of coming loose. Shoe Goo is like liquid duct tape :-)

RS

Bill Stehl> 1. Get a chrome "extra hole" cover for a kitchen sink (tightens w/ a

Reply to
Rusty

We dont seem to get these here in Oz......

Reply to
PM

Then High Mileage Club badges are free. You can get the form from your dealer, apply on the Volvo NA web site or call the phone number mentioned in the first post in this thread.

--

-don

'81 242t '89 744ti

Reply to
don hodgdon

Is it possible to get them in the UK also, my '92 940GLE has run

227,000 miles and still going strong.

Taff.......

taff

Reply to
Joe landy

Taff if you are a Volvo Owners Club member this item is in the process of investigation as to it's viability for members. This is in line with the Volvo Club Of America's policy regarding high mileage badges.

By your e-mail address you must be fairly close to where I live. We have a South Wales section to the VOC. You might like to join in with our activities, if so send me an e-mail and I will fill in the details for you.

Cheers, Peter.

: >

: >>

: >

: Is it possible to get them in the UK also, my '92 940GLE has run : 227,000 miles and still going strong. : : Taff....... : : : :

Peter Milnes

Just to add to Peter's post, it was proposed that 'something' may materialise next year as discussions are ongoing between the Club and another party, and there are also budgetary considerations.

Reply to
Conrad Edwards

Cheers, but I now live in Bristol. I was not a member up till about 10 minutes ago. I am now.

Taff.........

taff

Thanks for that Taff, at least you are in reach of two local sections, South West and Bristol & West. I think Bristol & West are looking for help in reforming as they have no secretary at the moment. The South West secretary lives in Newton Abbot.

All the best, Peter.

: >By your e-mail address you must be fairly close to where I live. We have a South : >Wales section to the VOC. You might like to join in with our activities, if so : >send me an e-mail and I will fill in the details for you. : >

: >Cheers, Peter. : >

: >: >

: >: >>

: >: >

: >: Is it possible to get them in the UK also, my '92 940GLE has run : >: 227,000 miles and still going strong. : >: : >: Taff....... : >: : >: : >: : >:

: : : : :

Peter Milnes