High oil consumption for 850 2.5 GLT

My 850 has high oild consumption. A 250 mile journey will cause the oil level to drop from full to below halfway the two marks on the dipstick. The milage is getting high -137,000 miles, but I am surprised at this oil consumption - particular;y when it has just passed an emissions test. Does anybody have any ideas that there could be a quick fix - or is the engine just worn out? I know that Volvo issued in 96 a Technical Service Bulletin no 222805 titled 'High Oil Consumption, Fault-tracing & Corrective Action'. Can anybody send me a copy of this?

Thanks

Stuart Dentt

Reply to
Stuart Dentt