High pitched noise at low speed

Hi everybody, I have a volvo v40 1.9 Diesel. I bought it in 2003 but think the model is from 2002. Recently I noticed that it makes a very strange high pitched noise when I am at low speed, let's say 20-50 Km/h. It seems to come from the rear part of the car; it also seems to be related somehow with irregularities in the road, even though I've never identified what really causes it. From a search on the internet I saw that other people with same car are having the same noise. Can anybody tell what it is? Is it dangerous? Should the car be serviced immedialtely? The car seems to go fine apart from this noise... Well...please let me know!

Reply to
maupas