HomeLink Question

In my earlier Volvos that had HomeLink, it would only work when the ignition was on; however, on my '05 XC90 it works all the time, i.e. when the ignition is off..

The dealer tells me this is the way it is now on these Volvos, despite the fact that the owner's manual clearly states that it works only when the ignition is on.

I'd like to get this fixed if possible since if I should leave the car in the driveway unlocked (which I never do, but in a senior moment..... who knows?), the garage door could be opened from the car leaving the house unsecured.

Does anyone know about how Homelink should really work, or have the same issue or concern?

Thanx.

Reply to
mdrawson