Hood Hinge Mechanism For A '78 264GL (Failure)

Well, the saga (good Nordic word that) continues. While the engine in my 78 264GL is in good shape, I just developed a new fly in the ointment. Both hood hinges show signs of severe rust, and the left one just broke clean in half at the aft pivot point. Just how often does this happen, and what am I looking at for costs? Easier to replace the entire hood? Hmmm... worry sets in...

Reply to
Rob

It's rare but it happens sometimes if the car sits and the pivots rust. A set of hinges will probably cost you $20-$40 used, clean and lube them up before installing which takes about 30 minutes and is much easier if you have a helper to support the hood. There's only a few bolts on each side holding them in. Not sure why you'd replace the hood unless it was damaged.

Reply to
James Sweet