how can I remove 850 passanger side airbag

I need to re-glue the dash vinyl around the edge of the airbag area. I need to get the passanger side airbag out to do it. First, I removed glovebox and removed 4 nuts out which were attached under the instrument panel. Second, two screws were removed from upper side of golvebox. Still I could not take apart the airbag from dashcover. If anyone have an experience, please let me know.

Reply to
chemruth

It's attached to the bottom of the dash. The whole dash unit has to come out to remove the airbag module from it.

Remove screws at the ends under the vent trim, one under each speaker grille, two above the instrument pod overhang, one above each A.C vent (Pull the vane assemblies out), and last, remove the glovebox door and liner.

If you want to drive with the airbag out, get a 2.5 ohm 1/2W resistor and plug the leads into the airbag harness connector holes. This will make the controller think the detonator is still connected so it won't generate a fault condition.

Doug Warner

Thank you.....Is there any problems such as accidental airbag explosion or mulfuntion indication on the instruction light.

Reply to
chemruth

Disconnect the battery and keep your head clear when unplugging it. There's always a danger when handlng explosives. A 2.5 Ohm resistor in the plug holes (not the bag assembly) will keep the controller from throwing a fault code. If you complete the job without reconnecting the battery, then there's no need for the resistor.

Doug Warner

Planning on taking the Mother in law for a drive?

Sorry, couldn't help myself.........

Reply to
T Crossman