How do I remove the stereo in my '87 Volvo?

The stereo is located below the ashtray. It's not the factory stereo. I have NO CLUE how to get this bugger out, but I don't want to spend the big bucks to have Car Toys install my new stereo.

I'm not mechanically inclined whatsover.

How do I do this? is it relatively simple?

Thanks.

Reply to
Chantpa

I assume this is a 240?

This being the case, remove the side panels on the center console by removing the screw and twist clip on each side, slide them towards the front of the car slightly and they'll pop out. The stereo is probably held in with screws on each side and possibly a strap at the back.

Reply to
James Sweet