How many radiator expansion tanks and caps?

I've replaced the tank on my 740 T 3 times in 10 years. My 96 960 just got it's 3rd tank (2nd replacement) this week. At $50 each, this really sucks. What's up? Bad engineering?

Also, I've replaced a few radiator pressure caps at $16 each as well.

Reply to
L.A.

I just the replaced the radiator expansion tank cap ($5.50) on my '95 940 last week. The top of the cap had split almost in two and was leaking pressure.

Reply to
Aleric

One can only ask if they were all supplied by a dealer? Were the caps the correct pressure rating? "L.A." wrote in message news:nHmSa.8778$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc03.gnilink.net... : I've replaced the tank on my 740 T 3 times in 10 years. My 96 960 just got : it's 3rd tank (2nd replacement) this week. At $50 each, this really sucks. : What's up? Bad engineering? : : Also, I've replaced a few radiator pressure caps at $16 each as well. : : :

Reply to
Peter Milnes

you obviously didn't buy it at the dealer!

Reply to
L.A.

yup, Volvo dealer on everything.

Reply to