How much money to put into a 1993 240?

I'm already maintaining ~10 different Volvos, I'm really rather full :)

Reply to
James Sweet

this is no longer a job for the BBB but the Cook county consumer fraud task force. please take the time to file a complaint. it probably won't help you -- too much time has passed. but after enough credible complaints, they might do something. (if it's the same as it ever was, we know exactly what that will be.)

a condenser fan is not standard. on most older auto ac systems the ac condenser just piggy backs off the radiator fan. this is becoming less common as mechanical is being replaced by electrical & engine compartments are becoming smaller. Myst has six condensers/radiators, four fans & no space. of course, some of this is "non-standard".

Reply to
Richard W Langbauer
Reply to
Patricia Butler

Ten leisurely minutes on my 1990 240. Remove one bolt to loosen the AMM from its mount, unsnap the catches on the air box, pull back the cover, remove and replace the air filter and clean out any debris, replace the cover, snap the catches and replace the bolt.

Reply to
Tim McNamara

I usually spend another 10 minutes fussing with the cover to get it to go back on right.

Reply to
James Sweet

Really? Hmmm... maybe I should check mine to make sure it's on right!

Reply to
Tim McNamara

Even with the AMM unbolted, the cover only moves back a couple inches. Get the filter in the groove, hook the bottom in the box without knocking the filter out of the groove. (at least) one clip always ends up under the cover. Back it off to get the clip out, the filter falls out of the groove. Swear, repeat as necessary. Done!

Reply to
clay

240s all seem to have unique personalities. I've never worked on any two that worked out in exactly the same way. It's part of the charm I guess.
Reply to
James Sweet

LOL! We've had four 240s (1988 245, 2 1990 244s and a 1993 245)and they have all been unique.

Reply to
Tim McNamara

An indispensable skill!

Reply to
Tim McNamara
Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Reply to
Jon Robertson

Could you get any new car for less?

I like doing my own work to save cash, but even if I had to pay those costs, it's still cheap transportation in my book. Most cars drop in value by that much just signing the paperwork at the dealer.

Reply to
James Sweet

like the cam belt replace $100 au dollars

Reply to
Jon Robertson