How to fold down rear seat in 1993 240 Wagon?

Hello All,

I just bought a 1992 240 Wagon. My question is about how the rear seat folds down. I've obviously figured out that there is a latch on the seat back that brings the seat back down and forward. However, my question is whether the bench part of the rear seat folds up and forward to make more room for the seat back to lay flat?

I see that there is some kind of mechanism with a little lever under the seat bottom on each side. Messing with that level lets me lift the seat bottom about 30 degrees, but it won't go further.

Before I pull too hard and break something, I wanted to see how this is "supposed" to work. Do I pull on that lever? Or push? Or does that lever even have anything to do with this?

Of course the manual doesn't mention anything about the folding procedure.

Thanks! Brian

Reply to
toomanybrians

(in my '82) you push the leaver down then flip the back of the seat bottom up. Need to move the front seats forward so it will flip up all the way.

Reply to
clay

Push the lever down, if it's loose you might need someone on each side to push it down, then the seat bottom folds forward. Pull the headrests off the seatback and fold it down. Watch the seatbelts when you fold it back out.

Reply to
James Sweet