How to replace s40 rear license plate light?

Does anyone know how to replace the rear license plate light? I have removed the trim inside the trunk, but still have trouble pulling out the blub.

There are 4 screws that hold the plastic cover plate above the license plate lights. Should I also remove it? I thought replacing the rear license plate light should be a lot simpler than this.

Reply to
jason.t.jen