How to test Hall sensor off car? (700)

Hi

I have a 740 GLE which died on me on the motorway. By the symptoms (no reading on tacho when cranking engine/fuel pump not working) I'm assuming that the electronic points/Hall sensor have failed.

I have removed the distributor and noticed that the black plastic connector has disintegrated, but as far as I know, the connections were/are still ok.

Does anybody know of a way to test it with the unit off the car?

any help gratefully received

Mick

Reply to
M.J.

jay adams

Jay

Thanks very much for that info - I was hoping it would be that simple :-)

MJ

Reply to
M.J.

BTW the plastic insulators are available separately from the dealer and are quite cheap.

Bob

Reply to
radietz