How to Turn Off Automatic Door Locking?

My Volvo V70 automatically locks the doors once the speed reaches about

5mph. Does any body know how to turn this option off? These things usually involve something like 'open the door twice, turn on ignition, open door twice'. thanks Davy
Reply to
Davy

To turn it off, you take your car to volvo and they plug it in the computer and chanche the configuration

"Davy" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.com...

Reply to
Didde

Sure...and it'll cost you about $100.00 U.S. to have it done. Auto door locking is about the only option that mine doesn't have because I didn't have the dealer install it. I wish I did. I'm only keeping the damned lemon for about anothe ten months, then going to something American that's better with a V-8 without those stupid rubber timing belts.

Reply to
Administrator

So why should I take time out to drive to a Volvo dealer and back; probably half a day, pay lots of money, when for many cars changing the options it something the owner can do in minutes? And incidentally, at the last service I did ask the dealer to disable the automatic locking. They returned the car unchanged - they didn't know how to. Anybody got a better idea? Davy

Reply to
Davy

Ummm... almost EVERY car for the past 20 years has had timing belts, unless of course you put in those real dirty pushrod low tech low power gas hogs that come out of the US.. can anyone say PISTON SLAP (when cold?!?!, the famous 3.8L GM). All Toyotas for the longest time had timing belts.

For the longest time, no one could make a high revving engine with quiet chains.

I have a Volvo with chains.

Toyota has gone back to chain (for the most part).

Reply to
M.R.S.

My '88 Saab has a chain, real glad it does too since the belts are on the firewall end, which is a real pain, but then again the clutch is right out on the nose behind the radiator where it can be changed in about an hour so you win some, you lose some. I've got no problem with timing belts, but I really do think interference engines should have a chain.

Reply to
James Sweet

i don´t know what they charching i the us. but here in sweden we do it for if i re calculate it to us about $25 U.S i don´t belive it can be done any other way its written in the memory of the ddm (driver door module) if i rememberd right i cant say for sure.

"Adm>> To turn it off, you take your car to volvo and they plug it in the

Reply to
Didde