Hub caps for 240?

Just bought a 92 240 wagon that's missing a stock hubcap (part no.

3540176). 14" wheels. I'm looking for a replacement locally, and also note that sets of 4 are available on Ebay (probably replica). Are there alternative hubcaps I could get that would look as good or better? Thanks.
Reply to
rastlouis

I've never seen anything aftermarket that didn't look like complete crap, other than the replica caps available which look pretty decent. The ones on Ebay are a good deal usually, IPD sells something similar. Personally I'd look for a nice set of factory alloys but that can get expensive and if you don't mind the plastic caps it's probably not worth it, but 15" Virgos do look classy on a late model 240.

Reply to
James Sweet

I hadn't thought of getting factory alloy wheels as an alternative. Actually, I'm looking for an extra set of stock wheels to put the winter tires that came with the car. If I got factory Alloys, I could put my summer tires on that, and put the winter tires on my stock wheels. My wheels are 14" I believe, so 15" Virgos (don't know what they are) probably wouldn't fit, or I'd have to get new tires which I don't really want to do. I don't mind the plastic caps I suppose, so cheapest route is get one for my missing one.

Reply to
rastlouis

There are zillions of factory alloy wheels which fit the 240 and are kicking around on the used market. I would look for a set of those. You can also upgrade to 15" rims as were installed on many 740s and

940s. Just watch out to get the right offset.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Virgos are the stock rims that came on the 240 Turbo models from '81 to '85, like this

Most alloys are 15" which would require new tires, the rims that came on the

240 Classics were 14" but they're tough to find.
Reply to
James Sweet