I don't recommend Expressautopart.com

At the end of June I ordered a pickup coil, clutch kit and rear main seal from expressautoparts.com because they were so cheap. I only really needed the pickup coil right away, but got free shipping with over $100, so I ordered the clutch which I'll need eventually.

I sent an e-mail a couple of weeks later wondering where the parts were. The confirmation e-mail I got when I ordered said they would ship in 3 to 5 days.

I got an automated response saying something was on backorder. That was annoying.

So after a month and no notification that the parts were shipped, and another inquiry resulting in an identical "part on backorder" e-mail, I cancelled my order.

After a couple of weeks and no refund on my card, I sent another e-mail. I got an automated response saying to allow up to 30 days for my refund.

45 day, no refund. 60 days, no refund. Every week or two I sent emails, finally sending one expressing my extreme disappointment and incredulity at how they could run a business this, but this one I sent to every e-mail address I could find on their website, including management, orders, customer service, and one for stockholders. Finally I got my credit over two months later.

That was annoying. I just love it when you buy something and the money is gone in seconds from your account, but when an order is cancelled, it's like pulling teeth to get it back.

I wouldn't recommend buying from this company. I had previously bought a part that came promptly, but this incident has soured me on expressautoparts.com.

KennyH

Horsepower is cheaper than therapy.

Reply to
KHanawalt

That should be Expressautoparts.com. KennyH

Horsepower is cheaper than therapy.

Reply to
KHanawalt

If you look over at a couple of recent threads on alt.autos.turbocharged, I'd have to say you did pretty well. In fact I'd read those posts well before yours, and I was surprised at your (relatively) happy outcome.

Reply to
Mike F

Kenny, thanks for the warning!! I am sympathetic with your frustration. I've been there and had that happen to me. Not at this particular store, but some other well know ones. I too let all my friends know about it also. Glad that you finally got your money back..Larry

Reply to
Robie