I have a 2003 S60 with a check engine light code of P2407, what is wrong?

I just have my check engine light go on for a Volvo S60 2003. The car when driven is stuttering and not running well.

Reply to
Paul

Retired

It's an evap code. could be as simple as a loose gas cap -could be an intermittent leaky hose,(cracked or loose) a bad sensor, or something more complex. Start with making sure the gas cap is tight. After tightening the cap the light will go out after something like 40? starts if it is a loose cap.

Sounds like more likely a bad sensor, or on a 2003, even more likely a bad / corroded connection. (but a loose cap COULD cause an intermittent out-of-scale reading from the sensor)

Reply to
clare