I'm missing rear wheel drive

After ten years of great service, I've come from the redoubtable GM/Opel/Vauxhall/Holden Omega (RWD) to the unbelievably fuel-efficient S80 D5 (averege : 50 to 60 MPG) ... an impressive machine.

But boy do I miss RWD.

I've had smaller FWD machines in the past ... Minis, Peugeots, Renaults, but never a large, powerful one until now. And I never recall finding them boring to drive.

But the S80 really is a bit dull AND tedious to drive.

Why ?

Well, you really HAVE to be on the steering wheel all the time. You can't just take your hands off and enjoy the scenery

Reply to
Centre Parting

I drove an S60T5 and found it fairly boring as well, but if they offered the D5 here I'd be ok with boring to get that kinda fuel economy.

I don't understand why people are so excited over hybrids, a couple friends of mine bought Prius's, they love them, but averaging 45 mpg, ho-hum. If they got 80-100+ mpg I'd take a second look even with all the added complexity of a hybrid powerplant, but 45? Even with gasoline costing what it does now, it makes economic sense to stick with my 25-28 mph long paid for 740. Wish they'd offer the simple, dependable, and nicely drivable European Diesels here.

Reply to
James Sweet