Idle Problem After Jump Start

1990 Volvo 240 wagon, standard transmissiom. After a jump start, the idle is all messed up. The engine revs up and down when trying to idle. I have seen a posting about this problem on a 940. The post suggests doing a "full reset" on the FI eelctronics by either pulling a fuse or disconnecting the battery. Should I try this on the 240? If not, what should I try?

To reply directly to me, replace all 'z' with 'a' in email address.

Reply to
George