ignition problems

I have a 1998 S70. My hands have nerve damage from chemotherapy treatments, and I cannot turn the key to start the car. Does anybody have any advice or experience with this? Thanks.

Reply to
mmorre58

treatments,

A good full service locksmith should be able to put you something together that will work.

Harold

Reply to
Grtdane

A piece of hardwood with a slot to use as a lever. The end of the key would fit in the slot.

A more permanent solution would be tha tthe key turns on teh ignition and a separate starter switch (push button either on the dash or on the floor) would be used to engage the starter motor. This can be complicated with a fuel injection, computer-controlled car.

__ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvo '93 960 Estate

Reply to
Randy G.

Harold:

Hi. I am behind on email. That's a great suggestion. I will try it.

Reply to
mmorre58