Immobilizer Problems

Has anyone been having big time problems with this technology. My 03 V70 wouldn't start on the 10th floor of a parking garage. After leaving it overnight (with the expectation we would have to roll it down 10 stories since the flat bed tow truck wouldn't make it in the garage) the car started the next morning. We took it to a local shop who said it probably wasn't correctly in gear. That afternoon, again it wouldn't start. A mobile tech from Volvo came out and he got an immobilizer error message. When he replaced the steering column ring, we got another electronics error message and couldn't get the car started. Again we left it overnight with the prospect of towing the car to the dealer the next day. Of course with the tow truck there the car started the next morning and we drove it to the dealer. Of course the car has started every time the dealer has tried it so we're now faced with the prospect of having a car that will fail us but we don't know when.

Reply to
jc

Since you state that the car starts up you still should get the car to the dealer to see what codes are set & to have the corrective repairs performed Glenn Volvo Certified Technician ASE Certified Technician

Reply to
Glenn