Import right hand drives

Is it possible to import a right hand drive Volvo to the U.K at a lower price than through a U.K Volvo dealer.

Reply to
Rock

From where? Only a small handfull of countries use RHD, and there's probably more Volvos in the UK than all the other RHD countries combined.

Reply to
James Sweet

Depending where from, any car might not be set to run properly in the average humidity, temp etc in a different country. Cars imported directly from UK to Australia, for instance often run like pigs here without modification. Cars here often if not always have slightly different engine specs to their equivalent in UK, US etc.

Reply to
jg

On 23/1/05 11:04 AM, in article 1SBId.4939$Hg6.1545@trnddc09, "James Sweet" decided to come out from under the bed and slurred:

So these are just a handful?

L Anguilla L Antigua and Barbuda L Australia L Bahamas L Bangladesh L Barbados L Bermuda L Bhutan L Botswana L Brunei L Cayman Islands L Christmas Island (Australia) L Cocos (Keeling) Islands (Australia) L Cook Islands L Cyprus L Dominica L East Timor L Falkland Islands L Fiji L Grenada L Guernsey (Channel Islands) L Guyana L Hong Kong L India L Indonesia R Iran R Iraq L Ireland L Isle of Man L Jamaica L Japan L Jersey (Channel Islands) L Kenya L Kiribati L Lesotho L Macau L Malawi L Malaysia L Maldives L Malta L Mauritius L Montserrat L Mozambique L Namibia L Nauru L Nepal L New Zealand L Niue L Norfolk Island (Australia) L Pakistan L Papua New Guinea L Pitcairn Islands (Britain) L Saint Helena L Saint Kitts and Nevis L Saint Lucia L Saint Vincent and the Grenadines L Seychelles L Singapore L Solomon Islands R Somalia (a part of Somalia trying to assert independence, Somaliland, drives on the left) L South Africa L Sri Lanka L Suriname L Swaziland L Tanzania L Thailand L Tokelau (New Zealand) L Tonga L Trinidad and Tobago L Turks and Caicos Islands L Tuvalu L Uganda L Virgin Islands (British) L Virgin Islands (US) L Zambia L Zimbabwe

With thanks to Brian Lucas

Hammo

Reply to
Hamish Alker-Jones

slurred:

What about England, Scotland and Wales or are they phasing it out starting with buses & trucks, as in that unkind Irish joke?

Reply to
jg

slurred:

Hmm ok I stand corrected, I had no idea there were so many.

Reply to
James Sweet

On 24/1/05 1:56 AM, in article pWOId.131017$ snipped-for-privacy@news-server.bigpond.net.au, "jg" decided to come out from under the bed and slurred:

I don¹t know what happened to the UK?!

Bugger, try and be a smart arse and it never works!

Hammo

PS any luck with the 340?

Reply to
Hamish Alker-Jones

...and Scotland, with a name like Hamish! I thought it was a good list just the same.

Well the 360 first caught my eye, wouldn't want to have much to do with anything related to Renault though which I think the 340 is? Saw a 440 Saturday - the mechanic said it was one 12 in Australia. The owner had waited 3 months for new CV joints, can't understand that but not a good advert. Just they seemd so cheap for a quality car, like the 265 I bought - bit of a gamble but nice to drive til it blows up. The daughter isn't ready to buy anything but her old car is...

Reply to
jg

Reply to
John Robertson